Areyna Cabernet's rich texture and lively acidity are perfectly paired to the layers of flavors in this seasonal chili.
- 2bs. ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 large green peppers, diced 1 large clove garlic, minced 1 small can tomato paste 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. ancho chili powder 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 28 oz. can ﬁre-roasted crushed tomatoes 1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 8 oz. chicken stock or broth
- Chopped fresh cilantro, avocados, jalapeño slices and pumpkin seeds for garnish
Brown ground beef in a heavy large Dutch oven over medium high heat until brown. Add the onions, peppers and garlic and sauté until the vegetables start to soften and brown. Add the tomato paste and stir constantly until the paste starts to caramelize. Add the salt, spices, crushed tomatoes, pumpkin puree and broth and stir until well-combined. Bring to a gentle boil and then lower heat to a simmer, cover and allow to simmer at least 15 minutes and up to an hour longer to thicken and combine ﬂavors. Serve in bowls garnished with cilantro, avocado, jalapeño and pumpkin seeds.