La Posta Fazzio in the recipe & to pair!
The dark chocolate Malbec truffles are a beautiful hand-made gift and use La Posta Fazzio as their secret ingredient and perfect gift pairing.
- 8oz chopped dark chocolate (at least 60% cacao)
- 4oz heavy cream
- 2oz La Posta Fazzio Malbec
- 1lb chopped good quality chocolate (dark, semi-sweet, or white) for dipping
- Cocoa powder or chopped nuts, optional for dipping
- Truffle papers for serving
Place chopped chocolate in a heat-proof bowl. Bring heavy cream just to a simmer over medium heat and pour over chopped chocolate in bowl. Let stand 2 minutes and then whisk until smooth. Whisk in the Malbec. Place bowl in refrigerator and chill for at least 2 hours.
Using a small scoop or spoon, form balls from the truffle mixture and place on a plate dusted with cocoa powder. Chill again if too soft to roll. Once the truffles are firm, dip them in melted chocolate or roll in more cocoa powder or nuts to finish. Place in truffle papers and arrange in a decorative box or tin. About 2 dozen truffles, depending on size. Perfect gift with a bottle of La Posta Fazzio!
Download our custom gift tags too!