Pair with La Posta Armando Bonarda
The juicy fresh raspberry and savory flavors of this wine make it a natural to pair with lip-smacking BBQ chicken, especially with the surprising cinnamon addition to the sauce!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 lb. black plums, pitted and coarsely chopped
- ½ cup raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Freshly cracked black pepper and sea salt, to taste
- 3 lbs. skin-on chicken leg quarters (thighs and drumsticks)
For the sauce, heat olive oil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion until softened, about 5 min. Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer, uncovered, stirring more frequently toward end of cooking, until plums fall apart and sauce is thickened, about 30 minutes. Add a little water if sauce becomes too thick. Cool and puree in a blender or food processor.
Rinse and pat dry chicken leg quarters. Preheat a grill to medium high (350°). Grill leg quarters, turning frequently, until cooked through (170°). Brush with sauce at the end of cooking time on both sides and cook until nicely caramelized. Serve with additional sauce and pair with La Posta Armando Bonarda.